Monday, May 11, 2009

Homeschool Post

I posted a new blog on my homeschool blog. I found some really neat things at the book fair and the Lord is really working on some things in my life concerning my responsibilities as a mom. Not that I didn't take them seriously before but God has just laid it on my heart that above all other things I need to put my children's focus on HIM above all else. That is a huge task but with His help, I know I can do it. It is going to take some work to change some habits around here but we are going to take it step by step, one day at a time.

One of the things I have to get back on track on is our eating habits. I need to get back to cooking wholesome foods for every meal and stop the eating out just because I am too lazy to cook and clean up after myself. I don't want to be that kind of wife. I want to strive towards the Proverbs 31 woman, even though I know I can't attain it 100%. I want to be the wife and mother that I am supposed to be. I love my husband and kids too much to give them less than what they deserve.

Mother's Day was good. We went to church and then met our oldest for lunch at Blackeyed Pea. She brought me flowers! I had a wonderful salmon and the chocolate cake! YUMMMMY! Then I went home and took a nap. It was a good day!

No comments: